Monday, January 26, 2009

The First Slumber Party and My Birthday

Last night, for MY birthday, Ethan was allowed to have his BFF, Wyatt, who is 3, spend the night. My mother asked, "Is it Ethan's birthday, or yours?" To this question, I laughed but today I'm yawning instead. The boys went nuts. The most hilarious moments happened when they tried to boss each other around and immediately put on their mommy and daddy tones of frustration and criticism. Ethan said to Wyatt, "Wyatt, that is not funny. I told you to come back right now." Of course, Wyatt listened after giving Ethan and "What? - Wes Andrews look." However, they are still friends and Ethan and Wyatt both asked me today why they can't spend the night together every night. And the answer to that is because Sage and I both need sleep.

Otherwise, my birthday went well with an amazingly creative present from Mr. Tyler LaCross, available below.


Happy Birthday Melissa Turner from Tyler La Cross on Vimeo.

Only 10:30 and I'm ready for bed. It's amazing to me that for the first time in my life, I have only a part-time job and no school, woot woot for graduating, yet I am so busy I rarely get a moment to sit down. I can't imagine adding another part-time job to the sitch, though that is the current goal.

Goals for tomorrow include:

Inquire about hostess position at Starfire
Work at the church
Pick Ethan up from School
Down only 4 cups of coffee
Make invitations for saturday - wallet party
Bake some bread

1 comment: