Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's been a whole year...

I must admit the obvious - I've let this blog go. The last year has been such a whirlwind of juggling two jobs, motherhood, moving, and starting graduate school I completely neglected sharing anything. With a brain on overload, I failed to think of any interesting ideas to share. I think many of the things I learn in my M.A. program in English may interest some and bore others to tears. However, for my birthday I acquired an intriguing and lovely book from Tyler LaCross encouraging me to follow my dreams of owning a bakery, one I still possess even after a whole year of following the road to academia. So, I'm beginning this book called The Bread Baker's Apprentice in the hopes of learning something new and baking delicious all-things-bread for the men in my life. Ethan does not understand my new attempt, except in his jealousy of my new apron (the one on the left), and will hopefully appreciate it when he bites into the delicious baguettes, lavash crackers, pain a l' ancienne, and panettones I wield from Peter Reinhart's award winning formulas. First I must learn some technique.

1 comment: