Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Strawberry Tart

After my last experience with making strawberry tarts, where I forgot to cover the dough while it chilled and ended up with a hard ball instead of a pliable cookie-like consistency, I decided to bust out the handy puff-pastry sheets for my next attempt. I also used a different recipe where the strawberries were cooked instead of put on top of the dough afterwards. I must say I am extremely impressed with this version of the strawberry tart than I was previously. I started out with one piece of frozen puff-pastry (2 to a box!) and topped it with cream cheese and some powdered sugar mixed together.

I added a tablespoon of milk because it seemed too thick, but looking back it would probably be better NOT to add it because the mixture thinned out a lot in the oven. After spreading the cream cheese mixture out on the pastry, I mixed 2 cups sliced strawberries, some cinnamon, and 1/3 cup strawberry/raspberry jam together and poured it on top of the other. Then I cooked it for about 25 minutes in a 400 degree
oven. My oven, as I've said before, gets extremely hot, so that temp. is subject to change depending on the oven. The result: a delicious strawberry tart. The tart traveled with me to Charleston for the weekend and I'm sure Tyler will be a reference for the taste if any is required.









During the process I wore my beautiful mother's day necklace Ethan made for me and got flour all over my clothes. Needless to say, I enjoyed my therapeutic baking experience of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment